Information that we collect and store will include:
- We collect personal information that you have provided and given to us through our membership forms, this includes details such as your name, address, contact details, age, gender and relevant medical information.
- On behalf of British Judo we also collect special categories of data on information such as ethnic group and disability,
- Permission to use your photograph and/or video of you to promote the Friary Judo Club.
- Registration and payment for training sessions and recording of any purchases made by you to the Friary Judo Club.
- Your qualifications that you gain for Judo which include grading and any relevant training data.
- Any competition data for Judo.
Storage of your data
- Your data is stored securely by the Head Coach and shared with other Coaches and the Club Welfare Officer.
- We hold your data for the duration of your membership with the club and for lapsed membership for up to two years, unless you have requested for it to be deleted. Where we have invoiced for items or collected payments, the Club will retain your payment information for 7 years, this includes training session fees at registration, purchasing of kit or payment for competition entries.
Why we collect and how we use this information
- To enable you to access the training sessions at the Friary Judo Club.
- We collate certain medical information about you so our Coaches are aware of any conditions that may impact on your safety during training or competitions.
- To inform you about training sessions, gradings, competitions and developments in the club
- To enable the British Judo Association to develop a comprehensive picture of membership, track progression in the sport and to improve Judo for its members.
Who we share your information with and why
- Friary Judo Club Coaches and the Welfare Officer to enable the running of the club.
- British Judo Association for membership, qualifications, grading, insurance purposes and to encourage competitors to advance in the sport.
- Sport England, to highlight Judo and apply for further funding to ensure the sports longevity.
- Other Club’s affiliated with British Judo where competitions or training sessions are held and you are participating in them.
The Friary Judo Club will not share or sell your data to any other third parties.
Requesting access to your personal data
You have the right to request copies of the information that we hold about you. To make a request for your personal information, contact Matthew Harte, Head Coach.
You also have the right to request the Friary Judo Club:
- rectify any personal data that is incorrect or incomplete,
- restrict the use of your data
- remove your personal data from the club
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we ask that you raise your concern with us in the first instance.
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact Matthew Harte, Head Coach.