Friary Judo Club – July Update
We thought we had better give a little update on the Friary Judo Club during this period of club inactivity.
As you hopefully be aware, indoor sports activity is still not allowed under the UK governments response to try and minimise the spread of Covid-19. We feel it is safe to say that, even after opening of indoor sports, indoor contact sport is still a way off gaining approval for a return to action.
We continue to monitor this on an ongoing basis and will update members as soon as we have more information. The BJA have been conducting some seminars and preparing guidance on a return to Judo as and when we are allowed back. As no government guidance has been given yet, this is still in draft format. If interested, you can download the guidance pdf at: https://www.britishjudo.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Return-To-Judo-Guide-General-Advice.pdf
As for membership, the BJA have been offering to extend the current licence term by the amount of time that Judo is not possible. In order to gain the extension, you MUST renew your licences. The BJA have issued the below 5-point guide:
- First of all, you are encouraged to keep your membership current and renew it when it expires. This will help ensure the sport can continue as soon as it is feasible, but also ensure you are covered by our membership insurance.
- Individual members whose membership is due for renewal following the current lockdown period will have their membership extended by the equivalent period (so if the lockdown lasts for three months, membership will be extended by three months).
- Individual members whose membership expires during the current period and do not renew, will have their membership extended by the equivalent period that their membership was valid (so if their membership expired in April, their membership will be extended by one month; if it expired in May, two months and so on).
- Club affiliations will be also be extended by the equivalent period of the lockdown (so if the lockdown lasts for three months, your club’s affiliation will be extended three months to March 31 2021).
- You do not have to take any action at this time. All the membership and club affiliation renewal dates will be updated on “The Dojo” (BJA membership portal) as soon as the lockdown ends.
Lastly, some members of the club have been looking to do some outdoor fitness sessions on a Tuesday night. If this is something you are interested in, please either email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via Facebook and we can add you into the group of interest. Note that we are limiting numbers on this so as to stay safe for all involved.
We will try and update you further as soon as we have more information, but in the meantime stay fit and safe!