Friary Judo Club is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the well being of all its members. The club believes that it is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents associated with the club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others. Therefore, members are encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with Adam Nixon, Junior membership coordinator.
As a member of Friary Judo Club you are expected to abide by the following club rules:
- All members must play within the rules and respect officials and their decisions.
- All members must respect opponents.
- Members should keep to agreed timings for training and competitions or inform their coach or team manager if they are going to be late.
- Members must wear suitable kit, the wearing of hard or metallic objects is prohibited whilst training or competing and appropriate footwear should be worn to the mat edge from the changing rooms. Female members should also wear a plain white Tee shirt under their Judogi top.
- Members must pay any fees for training or events promptly.
- Members are not allowed to smoke on club premises or whilst representing the club at competitions.
- Members are not allowed to consume alcohol or drugs of any kind on the club premises or whilst representing the club.
Any young person found to not adhere to the above rules will be excluded from the session and their parent/carer notified of this action. If repeated non-adherence is noted, the Head Coach may decide to exclude the person from future attendance.